Tuesday, July 14, 2009

For the 3rd Day...

...I was reminded of the words "leap of faith."

I have the facebook application on my blackberry curve (hopefully soon to be iPhone 3GS!), and every morning out of habit I do a quick check. Well, this morning one of my friends from high school, Miss Kaysi (!), who now lives in Reno, was talking about taking a leap of faith in her status. Wow! Sunday, God randomly brings the words that made up my quote to ponder. Monday, the Bachelorette talked about taking a "leap of faith." Tuesday, Kaysi is talking about it on her facebook status. Now, I'm not a huge believer in signs because I think we start looking for things to fit an answer or decision that we want. Instead I believe in a God who places thoughts, people, places, things, etc. in our lives at the right time to guide us along the right path...that diverse and less traveled path that I consider my life. I try to take those thoughts, people, places, things, etc. and put them in the perspective of God's will for my life. It is only in that way that I can go through life patiently waiting for all that He has in store for me.

However, God really has me wondering what in the world He is trying to tell me. After the day at work I had today, I'm thinking maybe it is to just take that leap that even though I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel, even though everything still seems so much like a web of confusion with no distinct pattern or pieces to put together yet, and even though, I have no clue how all the work is going to get done, it WILL. With HIS help I will and those who are helping me will provide a quality expert report and schedules for our client. Maybe the "leap of faith" reminder I have been getting is that simple...for me to do with my work project that, by the way, has to be done in less than 2, yes 2, weeks!

OR...maybe God has something totally different in mind for reminding me about taking that "leap of faith." Maybe he is just preparing me for something in the near future or even the distant future. I have no idea. I firmly believe, though, that everything we go through leads us to where we are to be. We learn from everything and it prepares us for either the immediate future and even for many years down the road.

I may not know what God has been trying to prepare me for this week, but I can say one thing, I am totally leaving work in His hands.

What about you? Can you do that? Can you leave it in God's hands? Can you take that "leap of faith?"

No comments: