I think we would make quite the duo for Mr. Charlie as an angel! Don't you agree! haha!!I really want to give a shout out to this fabulous girl, Courtney!! She is engaged to one of my great guy friends, Steven, whom I like to say is my "older" brother. Not sure he knows that, but I consider him like a brother to me. They are the cutest couple, which I've said before, but this is for Courtney. Sorry, Steven!
We've only known each other for over a year now and I feel like it's been much longer...in a good way! God brought her into my life when he knew we needed each other. It's funny because it wasn't something I was looking for. I honestly was just wanting to provide encouragement and then a comfortable place in the midst of many people who weren't known. Never in a million years did I think she would be come one of my best friends and that I'd be asked to be one of her bridesmaids!! Not only do I get to see one of my friends get married to the man of her dreams but I also get to see my friend marry the woman of his dreams! Wonderful!! You know it's funny because she and Steven, I must say, helped me through a rough time I went through last year. God chose for me to walk down a certain path, to date someone who was wrong for me, who did hurt me, who lied to me, who in the end allowed me to learn so much more about myself and life, in general. Should I be thanking him?! No, I'm not to that point, but I must say that I learned that I will never settle and I will never not be myself and I will never give up on what I want in life. However, Courtney listened, gave me advice, and stood by me when I needed it most. I'm eternally grateful and for me, it made me realize that not only did God provide this new and wonderful person in my life but he provided me with a friend...a friend who will be a life friend...one that I plan on having in my life for forever! I mean, who is going to remind her and Steven of all the craziness I've seen them do and go through when they are old and gray?! Oh, you betcha I will!! haha!
All this is to say...I love you Courtney and thank you for everything so far and everything that is to come that you will be there to help me with! By the way...check out her blog: http://courtneyandsteven.blogspot.com/. Pray for her as she finishes her Masters in Education at BAYLOR (!!) and then starts teaching Kindergarten here in Katy all within the next several weeks!!
AND...I think we would definitely protect people. I mean come on...Charlie's Angels: Texas-Style! It would be a blockbuster hit!! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment