Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Summer and Beginnings of Fall...


...so here I am joining the blog world as requested by many. I have no clue how this will go, what I will say, post, etc. but here goes.
I'm just a Christian trying to live my life following God's will. He is who I look to for strength, direction, and much more. I have a wonderful family who is always there for me and amazing friends that I thank the Lord for every day!
Below is a little recap of my fun-filled summer and beginnings of fall. I know it is October, but I honestly feel like fall isn't here yet. I'm longing to see the beautiful, colorful leaves in the Appalachian mountains, to breathe the fresh, crisp air of autumn; however, Texas is where God has me and I'm thankful for the cooler evenings and mornings we have been experiencing occaisionally of late.
Enjoy...






Lauren, Mom, Daniel, Dad, and I at Daniel's high school graduation! sniff, sniff. He's now a fightin Texas Aggie!! Whoop!

Mom, Lauren, and I at resort in San Juan, Puerto Rico! Before we started our cruise of the Southern Caribbean



Siblings...me, daniel, and lauren after one of the formal dinners!


Me and my beautiful sis

The whole gange...Kalyn (lauren's friend), Michael (daniel's friend), me, Lauren, Mom, Dad, and Daniel on one of the formal nights

Me jumping on Pigeon Island in St. Lucia in front of the Atlantic


One of the many towel animals we got during the week. Notice my bad sunburn! No clue I was getting it. I went for a walk up and down the beach in St. Maarten, which was wonderful and well...that's what happened.

Dad and I infront of our dining room the Vivaldi!


Mom and I at dinner on the ship



In Central Park in New York City!!!!



Near Times Square


Times Square at Dusk!





Ground Zero. No words can truly express the emotion I felt as I walked this area and took a tour with a retired firefighter who worked on 9/11 and a lady whose son died on that fateful day. I have always been very patriotic as I feel God has blessed me to live in such a wonderful nation where I can openly express my feelings, my beliefs, etc. Many of you know and many may not, but my dad is a Marine. He is not active and has not been since his 20's but still a Marine. I grew up knowing this, hearing stories, and always having a sense of high respect for fellow Marines and any other branch of our military. The fact that people want to attack our country as was done on September 11, 2001, is beyond my comprehension. The fact that we have many brave men and women who have given their lives and are fighting for our continued freedome to this day is amazing. We do not hear about their wanting to serve, their wanting to be in parts of the world they are deployed to, but they do. Yes, they do not like being away for months and a year at a time, but they serve to the best of their ability for you and me. How can we not be thankful for these men and women and for our President, who has given so much of himself to us over the past 8 years. God Bless America!!

We (l to r: Mel, Cassie, Steph, and I) took a tour of Lady Liberty and what a sight she beholds as you travel to the Island via ferry. I can only imagine how wonderful it was to wake up that morning and see her erected. She represents so much, hard work, freedom, liberty, home.




Our first day in NYC! We had just finished our yummy hot dogs. Central Park is amazing.




One of my favorite places in Central Park...Bethesday Fountain! If it weren't for the rain that day, I could have spent a long time in this part of the park.



Julie, Me, and Cassie at Matt's house for his birthday celebration!




My sis and I in College Station doing some stuff at her townhouse!





Mel, Steph, Kenna, and Cassie. We all hung out at Alan and Dave's house for a Labor Day cook out.




Me, Matt, Kenna, and Cassie at the Labor Day cook out.


Me, Steph, and Mel supporting Matt and his Mustangs play football at Rhodes Stadium! It took only 4.3865 million times to finally get this pic!




Matt coaching the youth of America at Taylor HS during the game.



Should we call this the coach's stance?! Look at #28's name...K. Taylor...kinda neat since he lives in Katy and goes to Taylor HS.



Rhodes Stadium!


The game! Well, one of many Taylor football games that I have attended.


Taylor marching band in the back and drill team in the front.

Well, Cassie had been wanting a cookie for some time. So she prayed for God to provide her a cookie. Well, two days later she got some oatmeal rasin cookies from her work mentor. She hates those kind and loves chocolate chip. So she was more specific after that. We were playing mini-golf with our church group and she sat on this table and noticed a big wrapped chocolate chip cookie just sitting there. Everyone was like, God has provided you a cookie! So, we quickly at it after a few minutes and are still living to tell the story!

This is a good synopsis of my summer and fall so far. I have to say that I am missing East Tennessee, Appalachian Mountain weather right now. I'm missing the crisp air, the beautiful fall colors, etc. More will come, but God has truly blessed me with wonderful family, friends, and much more. God is revealing more and more why he brought me and has kept me in Texas. I'm not sure I'll ever know the full extent. I am enjoying the cooler mornings we are having right now!

More to come...






















2 comments:

D and K said...

Love that you finally started your blog and I get to see all your pictures. You are so precious to me even though we don't get to see each other that often!

Kristin

Liz Jordan said...

misty! I am finally reading your blog and it's so wonderful to see your face! You're beautiful, keep up the great work. Love you heaps!