Pray about it. That's exactly what a special someone told me last night on the phone. Be patient. That was another thing I was reminded of.
I've been a bit down about work lately and yesterday some things at church bothered me, and I was reminded last night to pray about it and be patient as God will show me what to do. I have to say that over the past 10 months, basically all of 2008, God has really been pushing me with being patient and giving it all to Him. He has always done those things in my life before this year but I've really been feeling the call to fully make sure I'm relying on Him and to be patient as everything will unfold in God's timing not mine. I'll never forget a Sunday night a month ago, I was told that God knows us better than ourselves. This is so true! No matter what we may want to happen in our lives or what road we want our lives to take, God's way and God's road is so much better. I think about a pivotal time in my life...it was the Fall of 2000. I made a decision to come back to Texas and apply to Texas A&M University. I remember my roommate up in E.TN at King College, Jay (a wonderful woman and now mother!) said that I had such a peace about me when I finally made the decision to come back to TX. I did not want to leave TN again, but I packed up my mustang (totally full trunk and backseat), headed to Nashville after my last final, picked Mom up, and made the trip back to Houston/Katy. What if I hadn't done this? Where would I be? I can say that I don't know where I would be or what I would be doing. I can say that by making the decision to come back to Houston, I am able to see where God has taken me and that He has been leading me all along to be here. I have no clue how long I will be in Katy and working in Houston, but I can say that he has been reveiling small things to me that would not have happened had I not listened to the prodding in my heart when he was telling me to return.
So, what I'm trying to say is give it ALL to God. Pray about it. Be patient. Know he will not give you more than you can handle and LOVES YOU so very much.
My life verse: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11
Have a wonderful and blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment