Tuesday, November 11, 2008

God's Blessings

God's blessing have truly been shown to me more than ever the past several months. I haven't updated or posted anything in a while. Life has been good...great even. Work has caused some stress, tension, and not happy-times, but I cannot really complain. I know God has me in my job for a reason and for this season of my life. I'm willingly there to let His will be done and to hopefully be a light in what can be such a dark place...corporate America.

I had a wonderful opportunity several weeks ago to drive up to College Station with Shelley and Jimmy to visit our dear friends, Lauren and Kristin. Kristin, David (her husband), and Maggie now live in CS where she works in the PPA department at A&M and David is in grad school for his PhD! Lauren was travelling through to Mart, near Waco, with her mom and newborn son, Reid! It was such a wonderful mini-reunion for us and a fun time meeting Reid. He wasn't always the happiest during that Sunday afternoon but we didn't care. He had been handled more that weekend than in his entire life! I was just happy to be able to love on him some and catch up with my wonderful girl friends. These ladies are such a blessing in my life and give me some much needed advice and guidance even when they do not know it.


Here are some pictures from our visit:

Reid, Me, Kristin, Shelley, and Lauren

Kristin and Reid

Lauren and Shelley feeding Reid

Laughing at something while waiting for Reid's bubble!

Maggie begging to see Reid! It was so cute!

Me holding Reid!




I've still been going to the Taylor football games, freshman and varsity. They are so much fun! Some of the pictures below are courtesy of my friend Bethany who took them at the Katy vs Katy Taylor game. Unfortunately the Katy HS won, but it was fun to visit with friends.

Taylor is in blue and Katy is in Red. For those of you interested Matt is the coach on the sidelines with the blue pullover jacket on.

Julie and Bethany came over to the Taylor side at half time! L-R: Julie, Steph, Mel, Me, and Bethany

Matt in his typical coaches' stance coaching during the Taylor/Katy game.



The weekend of halloween also brought about the celebration of my friend Steven's birthday. We had such a fun time at dinner at Pappasito's celebrating!

Cassie and Mel at dinner



Steven had to wear the sombrero!!
Julie and Kenna at dinner


Steph and Cassie wanted to pop Steven's hat!

The birthday boy and his wonderful girlfriend, Courtney!

Last but not least, Matt and I at dinner! I must say that God has truly blessed me with placing Matt in my life. Something totally unexpected, something I wasn't looking for, and very much a blessing from God! =)

No comments: