It is DECEMBER 1ST!! AND it is COLD outside! Well, cold for Texas right now. I believe it was 49 or 50 degrees this morning and is supposed to get down to 38 tonight!! Woohoo!! I can finally say the air at night is getting clearer and feels more fresh to breathe! Reminds me a little bit of back home in Upper East Tennessee. Oh how I miss the mountains and the mountain air! I always do. I never say it but I do. Trust me...I do.
Well, I thought I'd start by saying what a wonderful Thanksgiving week I had with family and friends. I did have to work Monday through Wednesday but that was totally fine as I was feeling almost back to 100% and was able to work, which after being sick so long with the flu, coming in to work is a wonderful feeling!
I was able to spend some fun times with Scott, Matt's brother. He was in town from Saturday to Saturday. He and Matt had some great brother time too while he was here, which I'm so happy about! I have to say, though, it was like having two Matt's around me! I had not only 1 but 2 giving me a hard time, picking on me, making me laugh, etc. I did not mind one bit! We went to dinner and to see the Blind Side the Saturday before Thanksgiving. We had some yummy alligator from Orleans and then headed to the movie. If you have not seen the Blind Side, you must! Seriously! It is a phenomenal movie. Sandra Bullock deserves and Oscar in my book. I felt so blessed and touched when I left the movie. I've never been one to feel like I deserve anything as I feel God has truly blessed me with everything I have in my life. However, hearing Michael Oher's story really touched me. I hope that I and my future family will be as open should God call us to something similar.
Thanksgiving Day was actually pretty laid back for us this year. My brother and sister were in College Station still as they were attending the A&M vs UT game that night. My mom, Dad, and I joined my aunt and uncle at my grandmother's place for lunch, though. It was really nice to see her new place and have lunch with her. I think she is really going to like it there and will make lots of friends. She doesn't even have to cook if she doesn't want to...how great is that for a woman in her 80's! Later I went over to Matt's and he, Scott, and I ended up playing The Simpsons Scene It. Now those of you who know me well, know that I've probably only seen maybe one, well now, 2 episodes all the way through! It was interesting, fun, and I have to thank Scott for some help here and there he gave me! Scott won the game! We also watched the 4th quarter of the game, which I had been keeping track of on my phone, and all I have to say is that Aggies we left a lot of points on the field. Hopefully next year our young team will become more seasoned and show some real potential and promise for the future. I hope!
Friday - the day of the Powell Thanksgiving Feast! Mom and I were up early to start cooking; well, me at 8:30 since they forgot to wake me up earlier! We cooked and cooked. Dad was great and even stopped by the grocery store for some items we had forgotten. The spread was great: Cajun fried turkey, cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, orange salad, cranberry-apple casserole, fresh green beans, pea and bean salad, zucchini casserole, pecan pie, and banana pudding! YUM!! Matt and Scott joined me, mom, dad, Lauren, Daniel, and grandmother for a late lunch/early dinner. We were all stuffed but it sure was good. Lots of good conversation was had, laughter occurred, darts were played, and ping pong was played. All in all...a great Thanksgiving Feast!
That night the 5 of us went out to Hempstead for a bonfire and smores! Let me tell you that it got hot. It had been a long time since only the 5 of us have been together and it was really nice. Dad mentioned how the center of that fire is how hell is going to be and you won't die; no relief. I can tell you that was the most real feeling I've had of what hell would be like. I can tell you from the depths of my soul that I am so thankful that my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ would die for me and would save me so that I might join him in heaven one day! I am so blessed and thankful for that and my decision to accept His free gift! I am far from perfect and at times I know I don't live the life I should, but I strive to every day.
Then....skip to Sunday after a great Saturday. My sister and I went to the Colts game!! They were in town playing the Texans. My parents had given my sister 2 tickets for amazing seats to the game on the Colts sideline. She took me! Me! I was so stinkin excited. Matt bought me a Peyton Manning jersey Saturday for me to wear to the game. It totally surprised me! So, I wore my new jersey and Lauren and I ventured into the Reliant Park area of town. We got into the stadium as soon as we were allowed and enjoyed every single minute of our time there. It was a bit surreal. The Colts played and amazing game. It was pretty awesome seeing Peyton Manning! Collie! Dallas Clark! Saturday! Garcon! All soo close to us! The Colts pulled out another win to have their season be 11-0 now!
Now we are at a new week. Today is December 1st! Today is exciting for many reasons. The Christmas season is here and it makes me so happy!
I hope you have a great day and remember Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
No comments:
Post a Comment