FRIDAY ~ after getting my haircut and highlights melded in with my hair for a more fall/winter look (love it as it looks so natural, literally not far off at all from my natural color!!), I ran...I mean drove to the bank to deposit some funds for work, then grabbed some grub for an early dinner/supper, then arrived at home, then ate, then changed into my game clothes, then relaxed a bit, then left for what I thought was going to be a 45 minute drive to the game, but thankfully wasn't since I had to stop at 2 gas stations to finally get gas at the 2nd one....I arrived at the football field for Strake Jesuit. They are in our athletic district. It was supposed to be a game we were to win; however, after half time, it was decided that it was not our night to finally add a W to our record. We started off the season of district play with a loss; a loss, I'm pretty sure no one thought we would get, but nonetheless, we did. So, I saw my hubby for a minute after the game, drove home, waited for him to get back to the school and be given the a-ok to leave, picked him up, got him some after-the-game food (he deserved it and was hungry!), came home and relaxed with my husband, the coach, whom I am so so proud of!
SATURDAY ~ the alarm went off way too early for Matt to go to work. Yes, he had to work...remember when I said he works 7 days a week during football season? Well, that was no exaggeration, at.all. So, no, I did not get out of bed but I woke up and made sure my handsome husband got off to work. I went back to sleep and slept late, but felt like not sleeping late since I had gone to bed really late, hadn't slept well, and woke up when the hubby's alarm went off. Watched a little tv, did some stuff around the house, got read for the day, then made my 1st (yes my 1st) trip to the grocery store. See, we were to attend a bible study event that night and every couple was required to bring a dessert. Well, the last thing I wanted was leftover dessert in our house. We are trying to be healthy, get in tip-top shape, and I kinda have a thing called, a sweet tooth! Hubby does too, to an extent. So, I couldn't just pick something up and take as-is. I decided on some home-made chocolate chip cookies with a surprise in them...hence the name later on "Surprise Cookies." No, I couldn't just purchase the pre-made dough. That stuff is good and I've eaten many a times, but I prefer to bake something where I know everything that is put into my lovely goodies (this goes along with my being healthy thing). So, I went home and hubby had beat me there because he got to leave work a few minutes before he thought he would. This meant he was home a little before 2:00...meaning he worked roughly a 6-hour day. Yay! So, since I was cranky because our house had no water to drink (the other reason I made a trip to the grocery store) and I hadn't eaten yet, he took me or rather us to get a late lunch. Love him! Yum, it was delish, I must say! Then back home we went. I then started baking and realized my sugar smelled weird. So, a 2nd trip to the grocery store was made. This did not make me happy but was a great excuse to by the natural, more healthy sugar I wanted to buy earlier but couldn't justify. The One I decided to try was great! Now, there is another one or two I will try in the future. Then I got a $2 off coupon, seriously?! That made me happy about getting it but not the 2nd trip. I was also missing out on the Aggie game, which was amazing the first half. So, I get back home start doing everything and realize I had no baking soda! Since when did I not have this stuff?! So, the 3rd trip to the grocery store happened, and this time I definitely was not happy! However, I got it and went back home. All this time, my lovely hubby has been sound asleep on the couch! Yes, poor thing was exhausted and had no clue the game was still going on that he had started watching and had no clue I had returned from my 2nd trip to the store much less I had left and come back from a 3rd trip. So, the cookies ended up turning out Delish! The surprise...a miniature reese cup! :)
We finished watching the depressing end to the A&M game (3 years in a row where we should have won!). We got ready and left for Dinner Draw. Our bible study class from church, Three's A Crowd (we are a 20's-30's nearly or newly married class with no kids, hence the name!), all met at one of the couple's houses and drew where we were going to go eat. 3 couples were at each restaurant. So fun! Then we all reconvened at the designated house for dessert. All in all it was a great evening spent with friends!
SUNDAY ~ Slept in a little. I went to church and Matt went to work (remember the working 7 days a week, thing? Yep). Came home; ate leftovers; did stuff around the house; took my usual and absolutely lovely and apparently much needed Sunday afternoon nap; started laundry; folded laundry; watched some One Tree Hill on the Soap channel; cleaned some dishes; started straightening up for our fabulous cleaning lady that is to come on Tuesday; and waited for my handsome husband to come home. He was home by 7:15! We ordered pizza...delish; had homemade blizzards; finished Criminal Minds Season 6; went to bed! yes, we are now ready for the current season which I have already started to DVR!
All-in-all, we had a great but busy weekend. Not everything happened that we wanted to happen but it could have been much worse.
Hope you have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment