...or at least I'm going to try to be! First, I know I need to discuss with Matt, my wonderful fiance, his feelings on the whole blog thing, but I'm going to try to be back and post more often.
What's been going on...well, up until recently, and I mean all year (2010) long I've been busy with work. Some weeks not quite as long or busy, but still busy. Other weeks, crazy busy. It's finally slow. I'm enjoying it, but some days it is not a comfortable slow. What I mean is that my work is based on billable hours, not that I just come and put in 8, 9, 12, 13 hours. Yes, it is okay to have non-chargeable (non-billable) or non-productive hours, but honestly, bonuses, raises, and potential promotions look mainly at billable/chargeable hours. I'm not worried. I just wish my job was a bit more consistent with busy times and slow times. I have no set busy time each year. It varies based on the work. It could last 6 months, 3 months, 2 weeks, an entire year. It could happen multiple times a year. I am very blessed, though, to have a very well-paying job, that, in all honestly, is very secure for me. However, at times...lets say a lot of times this year, I've felt unhappy, unfulfilled, with where I'm at. I know God has me here for a reason and I really hope I'm being a shining light to my coworkers. I know He has a plan. I know His plan has me here until at least sometime after the wedding and maybe longer. I know all this. But a big part of me wants to know where He has me going, career wise. I want to be more passionate about what I do. One day...I'm trusting that one day the door will open and God will lead.
The wedding plans....oh they are so exciting! I cannot tell you how wonderful God has been through everything. He has allowed so many wonderful vendors to come our way. The church had the day open we needed, which was good because since it is a Sunday, they only have one time they do weddings on Sundays. Why Sunday, you may ask? Well, my oh, so fabulous fiance is an amazing football and baseball coach at a high school, and well, you just don't schedule your wedding during football season! At least in Texas you don't! So, that's why it's on a Sunday, as we are doing it the first possible day that football season is officially over! The head wedding coordinator at our church, gave us a great recommendation for our reception. It totally worked out and they are not charging us more just because it is the holiday season! Thank you! Our florist, well, she is amazing and is giving us a wonderful deal on all of our flowers. Our photographer, she's great too! Our videographer, I don't know her well right now, but I can say she is giving us a great deal too and I cannot wait to work with her! If I had the money, I'd go all out with her becuase that's how much I love her work! :)
My dress...beautiful, no gorgeous...I LOVE it!! :) My shoes, fabulous too! My veil, a nice touch to finalize my look as a bride and does not detract from the dress, which is what I wanted.
My maid of honor...the BEST. I love her and best of all, she's my sister!
My bridesmaids...wonderful! They all in some way impact my life in ways others don't and I honestly feel like and know they will always be there for Matt and me.
Best Man...love him, he's my future brother!
Groomsmen...they are great too! Love them for being willing to stand up and be there for Matt. I mean one of them is my brother and Matt's best man. The other a fellow friend and coach!
My parents...oh so fabulous! They support my decisions and have let us decide what we want for the wedding. Honestly, it's been pretty easy because I've known what I want. I guess that's what happens when you get married in your upper 20's...well, okay, at 29! haha! However, I would not have it any other way because it is the way God wanted it to be! Plus, I've learned how to be independent. I've learned how to deal with lots of responsibilities. The crazy, totally God part is that I met the man of my dreams in Texas and we grew up 20 minutes from each other back in the Appalachian mountains (E.TN/VA area). Now how crazy is that! We meet way down here! Crazy, I tell ya, but honestly, it shows that no matter where someone is currently or has been, God will bring the two of you together!
Work is calling my name. It's Friday and I want to leave early or on time, so I will answer.
Have a great day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment